It seems only right that the first post of 2016 is about goals. As I have already reported on this blog ,goals are something I am passionate about; without a clearly defined goal it is impossible to fulfil one's potential and in my view life is about being the best you you can be. With that in mind on 31 December 2015 I sat down with my http://www.emilyley.com Simplified Planner and road mapped my goals for 2016. My practice is to divide my goal setting into different areas of my life e.g. career, family, financial and set goals within these categories. As per last year I will be breaking my goals down into monthly 'do-able' chunks to maximise my ability to achieve them.
I also have two words that I aim to focus on throughout the year, particularly when I am in a difficult situation. Last year those words were BALANCED and GRACIOUS. This year, the are GIVE and LOVE.
January 2016 goals
- Career: attend the mid-level Associate development centre at the end of the January and capitalise fully on the opportunity to learn;
- Family: book flights for Sam's birthday surprise;
- Financial: complete month 1 of my 3 month Contentment Challenge. To find out more about this read this post from the inspiring Nancy Ray: http://nancyrayphotography.com/i-am-content-the-challenge/
- Travel: book flights for our trip in April (Seoul and Japan are a definite contender!!)
- Blog: complete three blog posts, including one about my favourite new Christmas traditions having hosted our second Christmas in our home.